The Mole & Chicken - Inn in Buckinghamshire
Easington Terrace, Long Crendon, Aylesbury, HP18 9EY,
England, United Kingdom
It's in the middle of nowhere, hardish to find, absurdly picturesque, and Midsomer Murders has been filmed here. Come on a damp Sunday and settle in for the day; come on a sunny one for an impressive decked terrace with barbecues and beautiful views. Inside, low beams, roaring fire, background music, squishy leather sofas. It's that sort of a place, relaxed, friendly, with ales on tap and 12 wines by the glass. The restaurant feel takes over in several little rooms with chunky pine tables, 60s art and gleaming glasses, and we hear great reports of the food: Crendon Manor pork belly, scallops, black pudding, apple and pomme purée; a superb Sunday roast (thick tender beef, fiery horseradish sauce, creamy celeriac, great Yorkshire pudding). With food this good it's worth staying the night and five charming rooms await in the adjoining cottage. Named after the colours used in them, they are immaculate, stylish and serene; Strawberry, the smallest, is Victorian, Duck Egg is dreamy, Dairy Queen is super cosy, and Mustard has a roll top in the bedroom itself.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
The Mole & Chicken is also a Special Place to Eat & Drink
- 4 Doubles
- , 1 Family room for 4
Please check before you visit.
Easington Terrace, Long Crendon, Aylesbury, HP18 9EY, Buckinghamshire