Mount Haven Hotel & Restaurant - Hotel in Cornwall
Turnpike Road, Marazion, TR17 0DQ,
England, United Kingdom
A magical hotel with sublime views of St Michael's Mount, an ancient Cornish totem that's been pulling in the crowds for millennia. Most rooms look the right way and have a balcony to boot, but there's a decked terrace in case yours doesn't and the causeway leads over at low tide, so make sure you discover the ancient castle and church. Back at the hotel, sink in to comfy sofas in the bar where huge windows frame the view, making sunsets rather special. Elsewhere, Eastern deities jostle for space, local art hugs the walls, and there's a treatment room for a soothing massage, the profits of which fund an orphanage and medical camp in India. The restaurant comes with big mirrors and doors that open onto a terrace where you eat in good weather; try Newlyn crab cakes, duck breast with a ginger marmalade, then chocolate pavé with blood-orange sorbet. Bedrooms are lovely. Most aren't huge, but nearly all have balconies or terraces and those on the top floor have unblemished views. They come with fresh flowers, crisp linen, flat-screen TVs. Bathrooms tend to be small but sweet.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
- 10 Doubles
- 4 Twin/doubles
- 1 Family room for 4
- 2 Four-posters
- 1 Suite for 2
Mid-Dec to mid-Feb.
Turnpike Road, Marazion, TR17 0DQ, Cornwall