Park View - Self-catering apartment in Cornwall
Bottaborough, Kilkhampton Road, Bude, Cornwall
England, United Kingdom
Sugar-dipped in 50s nostalgia, this new upbeat bungalow sits in peaceful countryside, five miles from Bude on the north Cornish coast. Inside... a vinyl sideboard, a drinks cabinet like a boat's prow, a suitcase-style record player for LPs – and iPods. Seagulls swoop over sky-blue walls, a beige three-piece suite curves by the fire and the pièce de résistance is the American diner-style kitchen, all harlequin floors, pink and green walls and aluminium. Even crockery is vintage – taste the nostalgia. Fling open French windows to a sheltered garden where kids can play while you barbecue. Store outdoorsy paraphernalia in the shed: bring surfboards, spades, bikes, boots for woodland walks and beach-hopping. You'll sleep deeply in cosy bedrooms where the loudest thing is the wallpaper (extravagant black-and-white in the master bedroom, with curtains and retro lights to match). Kids get full-size bunks with fun checked blankets and books from your childhood, there's Pears soap in the screaming red lino bathroom, 50s posters in the WC. Bags of character and fabulously positioned – with tongue firmly in cheek.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from Lee Robertson:
Local points of interest from
- From empty romantic beaches to lifeguarded open sands there is a beach for everyone within a few minutes.
- When we purchased the house much of the 1950's decor was still in place from the original. After a massive renovation we put back the 1950's feel and now love the fun of playing records in the living room.
- Situated on a quiet farm lane there are no neighbours and seldom any traffic.
- Within a few minutes drive are some great pubs serving quality food in a relaxed ambience. Thry the nearby Old Smithy Inn for its quirky decor or The Bush Inn at Morwenstow with it's timeless old bar.
- Old Devon and Cornwall villages surround, and whether you venture inland or remain on the coast there is hisory and discovery aplenty. Try Clovelly with it's cobbled streets without cars overlooking the harbour.