The Granary - Self-catering in Cornwall
St. Newlyn East, Newquay, TR8 5GS, Cornwall
England, United Kingdom
Swing off the road to Newquay, through the sheltered Lappa Valley, to a lovely hamlet with a 1630s watermill and trout-filled stream – beautiful at any time of year. The trains that once trundled past are now silent: ducks and geese quack around the poppy-lined pond and deer drink from the stream. Lovely to sit out after a day's surfing or cycling, listening to the ice cubes clink while kids play hide-and-seek in the tree-filled garden. Colours are stunning in spring and autumn, and in winter – just as special – you can take your tipple on leather sofas by a cosy log-burner. The raftered, open-plan living room is upstairs, while bedrooms and bathroom are below, all stripped wood and mint-green ceiling beams; the twin has a huge fireplace. Rupert and Nadia fell for this spot after many a cycle ride – the Bodmin to Truro bike path via Padstow passes by. There are farm shops, pubs and cream teas; Newquay and Crantock Beach are minutes away (buckets, spades, wind-breaker provided) and Cornwall's myriad gardens. And across the courtyard, past the mill wheel, is The Bowgie, a studio for two – both are super dog-friendly.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from Dawn Mckenna:
Local points of interest from
- We have one acre of grounds to walk the dog in, have a BBQ in the “secret” garden on the old disused Newquay to Sheppard’s train track
- Crantock beach is only 4 miles to the west, park in the NT car park and enjoy the dunes and vistas whilst walking the dog
- The Pheasant Inn, a great village pub out of central casting is only 1 3/4miles or 25 mins walk. Treat yourself to some traditional pub grub
- Jamie Oliver’s 15 restaurant is at Watergate Bay: Tip if your are fly driving have a long lunch before heading up the hill to the airport
- The Camel Trail from Bodmin to Padstow is 15 miles or 20 Mins away, Tip: start the cycle in Wadebridge (bike hire available) and have lunch in Padstow, amble back in the afternoon
- The Eden project is only 15 miles or 20 mins away; Tip: go in spring when the bulbs are out, then treat yourself in the warm Biomes
- 1 Cottage for 4
- , 1 Studio for 2
Special Offer: September Availability - The Granary still has some availability this September and a couple can secure the cottage with a 20% discount over a party of four. The cottage is also still available for Christmas and New Year!
Discounts for couples in The Granary. Short breaks in low season.
Trewerry Mill St. Newlyn East, Newquay, TR8 5GS, Cornwall