The Granary - Self-catering cottage in Cornwall
Trewerry Mill, St. Newlyn East, Newquay,
England, United Kingdom
Swing off the road to Newquay, through the sheltered Lappa Valley, to a lovely hamlet with a 1630s watermill and trout-filled stream – beautiful at any time of year. The trains that once trundled past are now silent: ducks and geese quack around the poppy-lined pond and deer drink from the stream. Lovely to sit out after a day's surfing or cycling, listening to the ice cubes clink while kids play hide-and-seek in the tree-filled garden. Colours are stunning in spring and autumn, and in winter – just as special – you can take your tipple on leather sofas by a cosy log-burner. The raftered, open-plan living room is upstairs, while bedrooms and bathroom are below, all stripped wood and mint-green ceiling beams; the twin has a huge fireplace. Rupert and Nadia fell for this spot after many a cycle ride – the Bodmin to Truro bike path via Padstow passes by. There are farm shops, pubs and cream teas; Newquay and Crantock Beach are minutes away (buckets, spades, wind-breaker provided) and Cornwall's myriad gardens burst into life each spring. And across the courtyard, past the mill wheel, is The Bowgie, a studio for two.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from
- We have one acre of grounds to walk the dog in, have a BBQ in the “secret” garden on the old disused Newquay to Sheppard’s train track
- Crantock beach is only 4 miles to the west, park in the NT car park and enjoy the dunes and vistas whilst walking the dog
- The Pheasant Inn, a great village pub out of central casting is only 1 3/4miles or 25 mins walk. Treat yourself to some traditional pub grub
- Jamie Oliver’s 15 restaurant is at Watergate Bay: Tip if your are fly driving have a long lunch before heading up the hill to the airport
- The Camel Trail from Bodmin to Padstow is 15 miles or 20 Mins away, Tip: start the cycle in Wadebridge (bike hire available) and have lunch in Padstow, amble back in the afternoon
- The Eden project is only 15 miles or 20 mins away; Tip: go in spring when the bulbs are out, then treat yourself in the warm Biomes
Have you visited The Granary?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Cottage for 4
Special Offer: Autumn Availability! - We are full for August, but Cornwall often excels in September. Take advantage of our 20% couples discount!
Short breaks in low season.
Trewerry Mill, St. Newlyn East, Newquay, Cornwall