The Hayloft - Self-catering apartment in Cornwall
Lerryn, Lostwithiel, Nr. Fowey,
England, United Kingdom
Lerryn is lovely – a hump-back bridge crosses the river where children paddle and boats bob; only the canoeists break the stillness. And the Hayloft – fresh, crisp, clean and light – is the most soothing place to stay. On top of tiny Lerryn Stores, but with its own private entrance and very little intrusion, it gets all those watery views. And the stores are a godsend: you could order a fresh coffee from the hole-in-the-wall, or pop down and pick up bacon and eggs, then bring them back to sizzle in the galley kitchen (superbly equipped, gleaming new). The sitting room is a delightfully simple, white and restful space, with taupe linen sofas, pale oak furniture and pebble-filled lamps. Nothing but the best here: bed linen is crisp and white, duvets are goose feather, the mattress is divine; the en suite shower room – brand new too – has a slate floor and top-notch fittings. There's no garden, but the wooden benches on the green opposite catch the sun. This would be a really good place for a couple with or without a baby, and if you bring a little one along, you'll find everything has been thought of (buggy, bath, baa baa blackout blind...). Pretty Fowey is a 15-minute drive; kayaking expeditions leave almost from the door.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from Deanna O’Brien:
Local points of interest from
- Near Fowey
- Baby Friendly
- Rick Steins 30 mins
- Beaches nearby
- Watergate bay 20 mins
- Most wonderful views of the River