The Bothy, Launceston Farm - Self-catering barns in Dorset
Tarrant Launceston, Blandford Forum, DT11 8BY,
England, United Kingdom
Want to escape, just the two of you? Wend your way through the Tarrant valley, past grazing cattle and thatch, to Launceston Farm. In the former groom's quarters of her Dorset farmhouse, enterprising Sarah has carved out two sanctuaries for loved-up couples. Step into open-plan living rooms-cum-kitchens; modern sofas hug wood-burning stoves, dainty tables for two sit opposite. Bedrooms feel fresh and airy, with large beds and views over the walled garden and outdoor pool (which you can use in summer). You'll find provisions; whip up eggs and coffee and breakfast al fresco. Entirely private, paved courtyards are bounded by a wall with windows to let the landscape in. And here's the showstopper: close the wooden shutters and slip into steaming water in your very own outdoor bateau bath, nothing between you and the heavens. There are things to do in all directions, but the Tarrant Valley is a gem rarely stumbled upon. Forget the car; ramble about, picnic, whip up a barbecue, stroll to the local inn and if the weather turns, why not just stay in bed…
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from
- Take a soak under the stars in the outdoor copper bateau bath in the privacy of your own walled courtyard. Fling the shutters open to let in the surrounding countryside.
- Explore the Cranborne Chase Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty from the farm gate. Walk, cycle or ride. The Farm has bikes you can borrow and stabling for horses.
- Foodies will be in in heaven with the diverse range and quality of local pubs, eateries, delis and cafes in the area; all rigorously assessed by the owners! Take a walking tour from the farm or set off to the Jurassic coast for the catch of the day.
- Shop in Georgian market towns with interesting, independent retailers and history around every corner. Our favourites are Salisbury, Shaftesbury, Sherborne and Dorchester particularly on market days. Blandford Forum is only five miles away.
- Guests at the Bothy can access the outdoor pool during the summer months (June to September) by arrangement.
- Bacon and sausage from the farm's rare breed pigs and eggs from the chickens scratching round the orchard are packed up for breakfast. DIY pack £10 for two or Sarah can prepare it for you cordon bleu style for £8 per person.
Have you visited The Bothy, Launceston Farm?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Barns for 2
Special Offer: 20% off self catering breaks - Offer applies to seven night breaks (fri-fri) and three night mid-week breaks (mon-wed). Valid until 28th February 2015.
Minimum stay: 3 nights on weekdays. 3 nights at weekends. 3 nights in high season. Short breaks available.
Tarrant Launceston, Blandford Forum, DT11 8BY, Dorset