Culls Cottage - Self-catering in Gloucestershire
England, United Kingdom
A venerable old cottage with a contemporary feel on a small road and close to pretty Lechlade. Inside is thoughtfully equipped and well laid out: the living room bright and uncluttered with a smooth stone floor, restful colours, deep window sills, a large inglenook, and beamed ceilings. Cooks will adore the kitchen with its clean lines, shining surfaces, Gaggia coffee machine and interesting cookbooks; the dining room next door sports modern high-backed chairs and colourful, original art on the walls. Also down here find one comfortable bedroom and a walk-in, fully-tiled, wet room, beautifully designed and perfect for the less than nimble. Upstairs are two doubles with dazzling white cotton, colourful cushions, fresh flowers and more art; crooked walls and beams give a nod to antiquity. The bathroom up here has a lovely curved tub, whitewashed stone walls and a limestone (heated) floor; you'll probably want to lounge in it for a long time. A long sloping garden at the back is a peaceful space with restored high walls, mature trees and well-established shrubs – and no street lights mean magical star gazing.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from
- The Swan - voted best pub restaurant 2010 just a stroll from Culls
- close to historic Lechlade and The Thames river
- Beautiful Burford town is just a five minute drive
- Kelmscot Manor home of William Morris and The Cotswold woollen weavers are really close
- The Cotswold wildlife park is just a five minute drive, great for children
- Daylesford organic emporium is a food and lifestyle delight
Have you visited Culls Cottage?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Cottage for 6
3 night weekend, 4 nights for price of 3, mid week deals.
Southrop, Lechlade, Gloucestershire