Seagrave Arms - Inn in Gloucestershire
Weston Subedge, Chipping Campden, GL55 6QH, Gloucestershire
England, United Kingdom
Locked and unloved for nearly two years, this classic Cotswold coaching inn has been snapped up by Kevin and Sue and restored to its former Georgian glory. Worn flagstones draw you into the cosy, wood-floored bar, where leather armchairs by the inglenook provide the perfect spot to cradle a pint of Hooky, or to ponder Julien Atrous's mouthwatering modern menu. Served at old dining tables in two warm and inviting candlelit rooms is delicious food: monkfish with beetroot, turnip, parsnip and pear cider sauce; partridge with smoked bacon, chestnut and salsify; crème brûlée and rhubarb; a slate of cheeses with damson jelly. Meat and game are sourced from local farms and shoots; everything – breads, chutneys, lunchtime burgers – is freshly prepared. Immaculate, well-designed bedrooms are the icing on the cake, the ground-floor ones in the annexe, the quietest at the back. Look forward to top-notch linen and down, fresh coffee, homemade cookies, and high-spec bathrooms with Ren soaps and walk-in showers. You're 20 minutes from Stratford-upon-Avon, and strolling distance from Chipping Campden and the Cotswold Way.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from Hannah Brown & Newstead Sayer:
Local points of interest from
Hannah Brown & Newstead Sayer:
- Cheltenham Racecourse with its National Hunt Festival is only 25 minutes away.
- Visit Stratford-upon-Avon, home of Shakespeare.
- Walk the Cotswold Way or visit Ragley Hall.
- Broadway Village and Winchcombe, where you can find Studley Castle, are no more than 15 minutes away.
- The Seagrave Arms has 2 AA rosettes.
- Part of Pub Group of the Year 2016 by The Good Pub Guide.
Seagrave Arms is also a Special Place to Eat & Drink
- 7 Doubles
- , 1 Suite for 3
Pets by arrangement.
Mon-Fri 2.30pm-6pm. Open all day Sat & Sun.
Friday Street Weston Subedge, Chipping Campden, GL55 6QH, Gloucestershire