Seagrave Arms - Inn in Gloucestershire
Friday Street, Weston Subedge, Chipping Campden, GL55 6QH,
England, United Kingdom
An elegant Georgian inn at the foot of Dover's Hill – climb up for huge views over the Vale of Evesham. Inside, it's almost Dickensian, a warren of small rooms with low ceilings, period colours, good art and crackling fires. Ancient flagstones lead to the bar, where locals gather to chew the cud over a pint of Hook Norton. You'll find padded window seats, half-panelled walls, candles flicking at night, then lots of colour and a happy vibe. Bedrooms are scattered about, some in the main house, others in converted stables (dog-friendly). They may differ in size (a couple are small), but all have the same cool style with Farrow & Ball colours, the crispest linen and excellent bathrooms with REN oils; the suite, with its super-cool bathroom, is worth splashing out on. Good food waits downstairs, perhaps smoked salmon mousse, venison bourguignon, apple and cinnamon crumble. In summer you decant onto a gravelled terrace or a small lawned garden. The Cotswold Way is close for walkers, and don't miss Broadway, as pretty an English village as you are ever likely to find.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- Cheltenham Racecourse with its National Hunt Festival is only 25 minutes away
- Visit Stratford-upon-Avon, home of Shakespeare
- Walk the Cotswold Way or visit Ragley Hall
- Broadway Village and Winchcombe, where you can find Studley Castle, are no more than 15 minutes away
Have you visited Seagrave Arms?Tell us your thoughts.
- 7 Doubles
- 1 Suite for 3
Special Offer: WINTER ROMANCE IN THE COTSWOLDS - From £250 - • 1 night in our suite with super king-sized bed • A bottle of Chandon sparkling wine • A box of artisan chocolates • 3-course dinner by our wood-burning fireplace • Hearty Breakfast
Friday Street, Weston Subedge, Chipping Campden, GL55 6QH, Gloucestershire
Seagrave Arms is also a Special Place to Eat & Drink