Holling Grange Cottages - Self-catering in Herefordshire
Holling Grange, Abbey Dore,
England, United Kingdom
Cédric and Dawn returned to Britain from France, and found a listed tithe barn in need of some love. Now it houses three beautifully crafted hideaways, each restored with an understated elegance by your delightful hosts (she a florist, he a French chef). Set in Herefordshire's most becalming countryside, Bleu Gris, bliss for two, sits behind a pond full of koi carp overlooking hills and sheep. Everything has been thought of down to the last detail, Dawn has placed heart motifs in the living areas, there are Farrow & Ball colours on the walls, travertine tiles in the bathroom and White Company sheets on the bed. Cédric has planned the beamed kitchen to perfection, with all the latest mod cons; their enthusiasm for their surroundings is clear and plans for a vegetable garden and an orchard are afoot. Relax on the paved deck with a glass of wine, dine in their restaurant, take a dip in the heated indoor pool (June to September), or plan a narrow boat cruise and a divine picnic lunch – with or without your hosts. For the bookish, Hay-on-Wye is a 20-minute drive – but you may find you never want to leave!
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from
Cédric & Dawn Lherbier:
- "Toi et Moi", French Restaurant run by owner Cédric, on site.
- Hay-on-Wye, Ross on Wye, Monmouth, Abergavenny Food Festival,
- Swimming Pool on site as well as table tennis and Boules piste but also Rivers (Wye, Usk, Monnow), Lakes (Llagorse) etc...
- Wonderful Walks in Golden Valley, Black Mountains, Brecon Beacons and Welsh countryside or Barge day out on the Brecon Canal
- Fly fishing, Canoeing and Picnics in the Wye River near by
- Flower Arrangement Courses
Have you visited Holling Grange Cottages?Tell us your thoughts.
- 3 Cottages for 2 - 6
Short breaks available.
Holling Grange, Abbey Dore, Herefordshire