The Bull Hotel - Inn in Kent
Bull Lane, Wrotham, Sevenoaks, TN15 7RF,
England, United Kingdom
Peacefully wedged between the M20 and M26, Wrotham and its rambling old coaching inn sit on Kent's glorious North Downs, smack-bang on the Pilgrim's Way. Refurbishment of the Bull – the village hub – has been a labour of love. The final flurry has seen some lovely bedrooms come to life; oak floors, period fireplaces and ceiling timbers have been revealed. Creature comforts are plentiful: crisp linen, smart beds, deep leather sofas and old-fashioned radiators, while good bathrooms have underfloor heating, power showers and Duck Island lotions. Downstairs, in a bar once frequented by Battle of Britain pilots (note the stamps on the ceiling), you find Dark Star ales, interesting wines and good seasonal food, perhaps venison sausages, a 30-day-aged fillet steak, an orange and almond cake. It's a great country bolthole for the modern-day pilgrim and for Eurotunnel/port-bound travellers. Walks start from the front door and National Trust gems – Knole Park and Churchill's Chartwell – are close.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- A trip into any of the nearby towns such as Sevenoaks and Tunbridge Wells is easy and London Victoria is only a 40 minute train ride away.
- If you fancy a day of shopping in Europe’s largest shopping centre the motorway is easy to access, taking only 20 minutes to get to Bluewater.
- Explore local national trust sites including Chartwell, the adult home of Sir Winston Churchill, Knowle park in Sevenoaks. Visit the many castles nearby
Have you visited The Bull Hotel?Tell us your thoughts.
- 8 Doubles
- 2 Twins
- 1 Four-poster
Bull Lane, Wrotham, Sevenoaks, TN15 7RF, Kent
The Bull Hotel is also a Special Place to Eat & Drink