5 Wilmington Square - Self-catering apartment in London
England, United Kingdom
Clerkenwell has the highest concentration of design, architectural and engineering practices in the world. As the newspaper offices closed down and the printers moved out, they moved in. There are artists, too, journalists who've never left and enough grit among the gentrification to replace chi-chi with urban cool. Delightful pedestrianised Exmouth Market, home to Moro and Caravan, is a block away and you can walk to Bloomsbury and the British Museum. Step off a mirrored courtyard into a large, high-ceilinged, pine-panelled living room with a huge stone hearth, a wood-burner and sheepskin rugs. The retro opaque glass pendants were snapped up at the dissembling of a village hall and look just right, along with the Ercol dining table, the vast sofa bed and the travel trunks that transported the Tonkins' possessions home from Calcutta. The kitchen has all for the keen chef; the shower is simple and high spec; the bedroom is spartan in a head-clearing way. The architect owners live and work in the rest of this five-storey, late Georgian house, happy to point you towards eateries, cycling routes, walks and quirky sights.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Have you visited 5 Wilmington Square?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Apartment for 2
1-2 people: £150 per night (£850 per week, £3000 per month). 2-4 people: £180 per night (£1000 per week).
Mimimum 3 nights.