Congham Hall - Hotel in Norfolk
Grimston, King's Lynn, PE32 1AH,
England, United Kingdom
This is a lovely old Georgian merchant's house set in 30 acres of parkland, but it's also a cool little spa hotel with an indoor pool and treatment rooms, a perfect blend of old and new. Outside, three gardeners grow flowers for the house, vegetables for the kitchen and keep the gardens looking utterly lovely. Inside, a recent refurbishment has brought contemporary elegance into this smart country house. There's an open fire and beautiful art in the sitting room, a cool little bar with low-hanging lampshades, then an airy dining room for tasty food, perhaps Norfolk asparagus with a soft poached egg, Breckland duck with carrots and parsnips, lemon panna cotta with raspberry sorbet. After which you'll need to atone, so grab a robe from your room and roast away in the sauna before jumping in the pool for a few lengths; some might prefer the hot tub on the terrace. Bedrooms are lovely. Those in the house are more traditional, those in the courtyard have doors onto private terraces. Sandringham is close, as is the North Norfolk coast. Children are very welcome and have their own menu.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- The Sandringham Estate is just 6 miles away, as is King’s Lynn, which is worth visiting for its Hanseatic epicentre.
- The north Norfolk coast is a short drive - you’ll find great coastal walking on the Peddlar’s Way, seals basking at Blakney Point and an RSPB bird sanctuary at Titchwell.
- Holkham Hall - one of England’s Ten Treasure Houses - is seriously beautiful and open to the public between April and October.
- If you want to lose your shirt, head down to Fakenham races, a quirk country course with meetings most months.
- Head south to Thetford Forest for fabulous cycling tracks, lots of local wildlife, even the odd festival - kids love it
- Cambridge is an hour by car making day trips easy
Have you visited Congham Hall?Tell us your thoughts.
- 25 Twin/doubles
- 1 Suite for 2
Grimston, King's Lynn, PE32 1AH, Norfolk