Old Rectory Howick - Bed & Breakfast in Northumberland
Howick, Alnwick, NE66 3LE,
England, United Kingdom
Christine and David's house on the edge of the village is surrounded by fields and woods, and is only minutes from the beautiful Northumberland coast, a designated AONB. Breakfasts are hearty: Craster kippers from down the road, eggs from Erica, Sylvia and Ella. Scamper about with wide beaches, stunning castles, rugged walks, golf courses and Holy Island, return to a cosy sitting room with a wood-burner. Sleep well in large, airy bedrooms with good bouncy mattresses, chintzy fabrics, top-of-the-range cotton sheets, warm showers and white towels. Wander the peaceful garden – there's a tree house and a croquet lawn.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from Christine & David Jackson:
Local points of interest from
Christine & David Jackson:
- Superb seaside walking along the long distance footpaths of the North Sea Coast Path and St. Oswald's Way.
- Just a short stroll to Howick Hall Gardens and Arboretum and the Earl Grey Tea Rooms.
- Northumbrian fare in local pubs in fishing villages overlooking the sea including The Ship Inn at Newton by the Sea (Times "Best places to eat on the beach")
- A bird watchers' paradise including boat trips to Coquet Island and the Farne Islands as seen on BBC Countryfile and Wild Britain.
- Visit local ancient castles at Alnwick, Warkworth, Dunstanburgh and Bamburgh, and The Alnwick Garden.
- Walk to Sugar Sands (Times "20 best hidden beaches in the UK).
- 2 Doubles
- , 1 Twin
- , 1 Suite for 4
Minimum stay: 2 nights on weekdays. 2 nights at weekends. 2 nights in high season.
Howick, Alnwick, NE66 3LE, Northumberland