The Hermitage - Bed & Breakfast in Northumberland
Swinburne, Hexham, NE48 4DG,
England, United Kingdom
A magical setting, three miles from Hadrian's wall, in a house of friendship and comfort. Through ancient woodland, up the drive, over the burn and there it is: big, beautiful and Georgian. Interiors are comfortable country-house, full of warmth and charm; bedrooms, carpeted, spacious and delightful, are furnished with antiques, paintings and superb beds; bathrooms have roll top baths. Outside are lovely lawns, a walled garden, wildlife, and breakfasts on the terrace in summer. Katie – who was born in this house – looks after you brilliantly.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from Simon & Katie Stewart:
Local points of interest from
Simon & Katie Stewart:
- We are five miles from the most interesting sections of the Roman Wall with its forts, museums and wonderful walking with stunning views.
- The Roman Town of Corbridge with its famous bridge over the Tyne, Hexham and its Abbey, both steeped in history.
- Alnwick Castle and Garden, Cragside, Wallington Hall, Gibside, Belsay Hall and Castle are all within very easy reach, as are Durham Cathedral, Beamish Museum, and Kielder Water.
- There is an 18 hole golf course at Matfen Hall.
- Newcastle-upon-Tyne has much to offer, shopping, museums, architecture, The Millennium Bridge, Baltic Art Centre, and of course the fantastic Sage Music Centre, designed by Norman Forster.
- 2 Doubles
- , 1 Twin
Over sevens & babes in arms welcome.
Swinburne, Hexham, NE48 4DG, Northumberland