Pen-y-Dyffryn Country Hotel - Hotel in Shropshire
Rhydycroesau, Oswestry, SY10 7JD,
England, United Kingdom
In a blissful valley lost to the world, a small country house that sparkles on the side of a peaceful hill. This is one of those lovely places where guests return again and again, mostly due to Audrey and Miles, who run a very happy ship. Outside, fields tumble down to a stream that marks the border with Wales. Daffodils erupt in spring, the lawns are scattered with deckchairs in summer, paths lead into the hills for fine walking. Lovely interiors are just the ticket: Laura Ashley wallpaper and an open fire in the quirky bar; colourful art and super food in the pretty restaurant; the daily papers and the odd chaise longue in the sitting room. Bedrooms hit the spot. Most have the view, one has a French sleigh bed, a couple have jacuzzi baths for two. Four lovely rooms outside are dog-friendly and have their own patios. You get warm colours, crisp linen, pretty fabrics and sparkling bathrooms. After a day in the hills come back for a good dinner, perhaps wild mushroom risotto, pan-fried wood pigeon, hot chocolate fondant with vanilla ice-cream. Offa's Dyke and Powis Castle are close.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
Miles & Audrey Hunter:
- The National Trust properties of Powis Castle, Chirk Castle, Attingham and Erddig are all nearby, as is Wales' highest waterfall and the beautiful Lake Vyrnwy.
- The medieval timbered towns of Shrewsbury and Chester are both within half an hours drive, as is Llangollen and Ellesmere.
- The Ironbridge Gorge is about forty-five minutes away. Great hill walking from the hotel front door. Five 18 hole golf courses within 20 minutes.
- Snowdonia approximately one hours drive, as is Portmeirion.
Have you visited Pen-y-Dyffryn Country Hotel?Tell us your thoughts.
- 8 Doubles
- 4 Twins
Special Offer: Enjoy 30% off stays of 2 nights or more! - From 2nd Jan to 31st March 2015 - see www.sawdays.co.uk/hotelsale for details
Minimum two nights at weekends.
Rhydycroesau, Oswestry, SY10 7JD, Shropshire