Church House - Bed & Breakfast in Suffolk
Clopton, Woodbridge, IP13 6QB,
England, United Kingdom
A short hop from riverside Woodbridge and musical Snape Maltings, between a conservation churchyard and a history-rich field, is something different and unusual: a customised house of gentle colours and textures, home to an architect and a designer. From the hand-carved, oak porch to the lovely wildlife garden, there's a feeling of warmth and delight. Under the eaves: two jewel-bright and comfortable bedrooms full of books and fresh flowers. In the kitchen: a big farmhouse table laid for beautiful breakfasts. And, a short walk away, an excellent village pub.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from Sally & Richard Pirkis:
Local points of interest from
Sally & Richard Pirkis:
- Sutton Hoo with it's magnificent Anglo Saxon ship burial lies next to the picturesque riverside town of Woodbridge.
- The Aldeburgh Festival and Snape Maltings is a cultural hub for music, dance, opera, drama, art, poetry, literature.
- Mysterious Orfordness, Europe's largest vegetated shingle spit, previously used by the MoD and later BBC world service is now an internationally important nature reserve owned by the National Trust.
- The timeless seaside towns of Aldeburgh and Southwold offer an extraordinary variety of independent shops, galleries and restaurants.
- Foodie heaven includes the award winning British Larder Bromeswell, Butley Orford Oysterage Orford, The Lighthouse Aldeburgh, Pump St Bakery Orford, and The Crown in Woodbridge.
- The Sandlings, a national nature reserve including Minsmere RSPB reserve has huge dramatic skies, farmland, pine forest, heathland, seawall, shingle, beach and marshes full of the sound of waves, birds and solitude.
- 2 Twin/doubles
Minimum stay: 2 nights at weekends. Children over 6 welcome.
Clopton, Woodbridge, IP13 6QB, Suffolk