The Angel Inn - Inn in Suffolk
Polstead Street, Stoke-by-Nayland, Colchester, CO6 4SA,
England, United Kingdom
Soft lamplight glows in the windows of this 16th-century inn deep in 'Constable country'. Spruced up by Exclusive Inns, the bar divides into two. Find carved beams, open brickwork, log fires, polished wood tables, chesterfields and wing chairs, fresh flowers and candles, fine prints and paintings, and a few antique pieces to add to the appeal. The Angel fills early and menus include a good value lunchtime 'classics' choice – sausages with mash and onion gravy; battered haddock – and an imaginative carte. Tuck into Denham Estate venison scotch egg; pork belly with Madeira broth; treacle tart with white chocolate ice cream. Eat in the bar, the galleried restaurant (once a brewhouse) or at laid tables on the terrace at the back on warm summer evenings. Cosy, inviting, boutique-style bedrooms are individually furnished; some have pale wonky beams, all have antique pieces on seagrass floors, designer lamps and gilded mirrors, fresh flowers and big bathrooms. Go for a superior room if you fancy a king-size bed and a sofa. Flatford Mill and beautiful Dedham Vale are a short drive away.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited The Angel Inn?Tell us your thoughts.
- 4 Doubles
- 2 Twin/doubles
Polstead Street, Stoke-by-Nayland, Colchester, CO6 4SA, Suffolk
The Angel Inn is also a Special Place to Eat & Drink