The Suffolk Escape - Self-catering chalets in Suffolk
Priory Road, Hintlesham, Ipswich,
England, United Kingdom
Imagine opening the doors of a wood-cosy cabin to lakeside decking and Suffolk's big skies. Owners Andrew and Sarah have created a lake from scratch, then added four beautiful retreats, with chill-out decks for barbecues and hot tubs for the stars. Inside: soft oatmeal carpets and toasty oak floors, hand-made mattresses on emperor size beds, sparkling floor lights for romantic bathrooms and lots of lovely space. The attention to detail is amazing, from the board games, binoculars and wildlife books to the Smeg double ovens, Kenwood food processors and batterie de cuisines that will keep Nigellas smiling. (And there are the Bryces' free range eggs and high-welfare meats to buy – no excuse not to excel.) Andrew can arrange sailing, cooking, painting, fishing, clay pigeon shooting, spa treatments, whatever you fancy, even a private chef should you be planning a party. After a day's wandering Suffolk's medieval villages and summer-soft beaches, it's bliss to come home to the warmth of the wood-burner, the scent of the pine, the hoot of the owl and the lake that laps you to sleep.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Have you visited The Suffolk Escape?Tell us your thoughts.
- 4 Chalets for 4
Short breaks Fri-Mon or Mon-Fri.
Priory Road, Hintlesham, Ipswich, Suffolk