The Merry Harriers - Inn in Surrey
Hambledon Road, Hambledon, Godalming, GU8 4DR,
England, United Kingdom
Leafy countryside rolls away on all sides from a historic pub that has dispensed ale and fare since 1710. Inside, a huge inglenook warms wine racks with grapes from every corner of the globe – including a Château Y'quem (a delicious chilled dessert wine) while blackboards list specials and local events. There's wood galore in the bar, painted, scrubbed and polished, and Pilgrim's Progress and Surrey Hills Shere Drop on tap. The dining area is slightly more formal, but the relaxed atmosphere reaches throughout. Traditional menus come with a Mediterranean twist and local provenance; their own smoked trout is a speciality. Enjoy tuna niçoise and Tuscan bean cassoulet, sausage and mash and ham hash cakes; great sandwiches too. The pretty garden will keep children happy with its swings and slides, watched over by the owners' nine llamas – organise a trek if the spirit takes you! In a converted barn to one side of the garden are three compact but excellently presented bedrooms with oak and painted wooden furniture and fine linen; in summer, breakfast hampers come to you.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
The Merry Harriers is also a Special Place to Eat & Drink