The Beach House - Self-catering in Sussex
3 The Jetty, West Drive, Elmer, Middleton on Sea,
England, United Kingdom
Wake to the sound of the surf, step through the gate to warm yellow sands and pebbles. The sea is at the bottom of the garden and the whole house, thanks to its modern simplicity, plays willing second fiddle to nature. The upstairs kitchen and sitting room – architect-designed – are bright, light, sun-filled, and embraced by a glass-panelled balcony. The furnishings are modern: a sleek woodburner, low-slung seating, stylish lighting, well-chosen colours. The ever-changing view, a constant presence from windows that stretch the width of the house, is nature's cinema-screen. Bedrooms (two up, three down) are uncluttered and have good beds with super linen. If the kids are exhausted after a day on the beach, they have their own private evening escape – a cosy sitting room downstairs with table football, futon and TV. This is a residential beach estate, yet there's a farm shop a mile away and the area is packed with historical and cultural hot spots; the owners leave a folder stuffed with suggestions to keep you busy all week. With the views to rivet you, you might not want to go far.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Have you visited The Beach House?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 House for 10
Short breaks out of season at 80% of weekly rate. Double futon and a day bed also available.
Dogs by arrangement.
3 The Jetty, West Drive, Elmer, Middleton on Sea, Sussex