Field House - Bed & Breakfast in Yorkshire
Staups Lane, Stump Cross, Halifax, HX3 6XX,
England, United Kingdom
You drive over bridge and beck to this listed, 1713 farmhouse – expect comfort, homeliness and open fires. Pat and Geoff love showing guests their hens, horses, goats and lambs, and will tell you about the 14 circular walks or lend you a torch so you can find the pub across the fields! Ramblers and dog walkers will be in heaven – step out of the front door, past the lovely walled garden and you're in rolling, Brontë countryside. Good big bedrooms are in farmhouse style, one bathroom has a roll top bath. Geoff's breakfasts are generous in the finest Yorkshire manner.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
Pat & Geoff Horrocks-Taylor:
- EUREKA. The National Children's Museum based in Halifax If has a wonderful variety of interactive play activities for 2-12 year olds. The museum is open all year round. A magical place...a fun packed day out.
- LOCAL MARKETS. In Halifax (Borough Market and the Piece Hall). Hebden Bridge and Brighouse. Local Food straight from the farm, Crafts sold by the makers, A real melting pot of genuine great value artisan goods.Totally Locally Calderdale.
- HAWORTH The home of the Bronte Sisters and the Keighley and Worth Valley Steam Railway. Haworth has many special events throughout the year. The Bronte Museum is a must as is the steep main street,with its attractive village shops.
- COOKERY SCHOOL DEAN CLOUGH. HALIFAX The School has a wide range of courses for up to 20 people meeting in a state of the art kitchen.
- THE YORKSHIRE SCULPTURE PARK AND THE BARBARA HEPWOTH MUSEUMNear Wakefield Inspiring places to visit with very positive reviews from our guests.
- THE HALIFAX TOWN CENTRE.Visit the TOWN HALL....THE PIECE HALL....THE BOROUGH MARKET......THE MINSTER and admire the beautifully constructed Victorian buildings and many of the old woolen mills that constitute the main areas of the Town .
Have you visited Field House?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Double
- 1 Twin/double
- 1 Family room for 4
Singles £39 to £46. Children £20. Cot & highchair available.
Staups Lane, Stump Cross, Halifax, HX3 6XX, Yorkshire