Queens Arms - Inn in Yorkshire
Litton, Skipton, BD23 5QJ,
England, United Kingdom
It's a good day when a rural pub re-opens. This one sits in Litton, one of the most remote villages in this corner of the Dales and as pretty as it gets, with a smattering of handsome, thick-walled 17th-century houses, wildflower meadows and the river Skirfare burbling through. The Queens Arms, long, low and freshly whitewashed, is a fabulous find after a lovely walk. A lick of paint has smartened the inside without routing tradition; flagged floors, open fire, beams and stone walls remain. There's a new regime in the tiny kitchen, and a short but appealing menu. Seared Littondale mallard breast with homemade carrot and ginger chutney is a substantial starter, while pot roast wild rabbit with prunes will set you up nicely for that stroll – particularly if you finish with treacle sponge. Upstairs: four bedrooms in calming colours with crisp white linen, fat wool headboards and long views from the low windows. As you'd expect in a building this age, no wall is straight, but the wobbliness just adds to the charm, along with some lovely antique pieces. Spotless shower rooms complete the picture.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- Welcome to the Queens Arms in Litton, Yorkshire Dales. The award winning Queens Arms is a traditional 17th Century Inn located in Litton in the Yorkshire Dales offering real ales, home cooked food and 6 letting bedrooms.
- After extensive refurbishment in 2012, The Queens Arms in now under local ownership and is very proud to have a ‘locally sourced’ Dales team managing the pub alongside our Yorkshire food.
- Hugely popular with locals, The Queens is also an excellent base for those looking to get away from it all in the Yorkshire Dales National Park and in particular those who have a love of the great outdoors whether cycling, walking, fishing or photography.
- The Queens Arms is once again a hub for Littondale and the surrounding Dales with our original slate floors, open fires and wood burners, sumptuous fabrics and comfy chairs. Enjoy a pint and a game of darts, Sunday lunch, an afternoon in the beer garden.
- The essence of The Queens is Yorkshire Dales hospitality alongside excellent local knowledge, local ingredients and homemade food and great ale – we look forward to welcoming you to Littondale and The Queens Arms.
- Sawdays Community Pub of the Year award winner 2013/2014, AA 3 star rosette, Cask Marque accredited, Countryside Alliance Rural award winner – Best Start-Up Business in Yorkshire 2013, Good Pub Guide 2014.
Have you visited Queens Arms?Tell us your thoughts.
- 3 Doubles
- 1 Family room for 4
- 2 Twin/doubles
All day Monday through winter.
Litton, Skipton, BD23 5QJ, Yorkshire
Queens Arms is also a Special Place to Eat & Drink