Barley Bree - Hotel in Perth & Kinross
6 Willoughby Street, Muthill, PH5 2AB,
Perth & Kinross
Scotland, United Kingdom
A few miles north of Gleneagles, a super little restaurant with rooms that delivers what so many people want: stylish interiors, super food, excellent prices, a warm welcome. This is a small family-run affair. Fabrice is French and cooks sublimely, Alison, a Scot, looks after the wine. As for Barley Bree – whisky soup to you and me – it's an 18th-century coaching inn, its name plucked from a Robert Burns poem. Happy locals and travellers from afar come for fabulous Scottish food that's cooked with French flair, perhaps fennel soup with basil pesto, saddle of venison with piquillo purée, tart tatin with vanilla ice cream. The restaurant, nicely rustic, has a fire that burns on both sides, while in summer you decant onto a terrace for lunch in the sun. Six comfy rooms have neutral colours, crisp linen, good beds and underfloor heating in neat little shower rooms. The big room, with a claw-foot bath, is well worth splashing out on. There's a sitting room for guests with books, good art, stripped boards and a fire. Don't miss the gardens at Drummond Castle or the Library of Innerpeffray.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
Fabrice & Alison Bouteloup:
- Receive complimentary tickets to historic Innerpeffray Library or stunning Drummond Castle Gardens when you book our 2-night Dinner, Bed & Breakfast special offer. (Not available to book online. Valid until 31 October 2014)
- Just across the road from us are the interesting ruins of an important 15th century medieval parish church, with a tall Romanesque tower at its west end.
- We are an ideal venue for small wedding receptions; contact us to discuss your requirements for your special day.
- The Famous Grouse Distillery is just 10 minutes away in the nearby market town of Crieff.
Have you visited Barley Bree?Tell us your thoughts.
- 6 Twin/doubles
Mondays & Tuesdays. Christmas, 7 July - 22 July, 20 October - 23 October, 1 January - 8 January.
6 Willoughby Street, Muthill, PH5 2AB, Perth & Kinross