Kinnaird Estate - Bed & Breakfast in Perth & Kinross
Dunkeld, PH8 0LB,
Perth & Kinross
Scotland, United Kingdom
A magnificent 1770 mansion set in 6000 acres of prime Perthshire countryside. The river Tay passes dramatically below, sheep and cattle graze contentedly, paths behind lead into the estate. The house is sublime from top to toe, grand yet welcoming, a place to feel at home. Most beautiful of all is the panelled drawing room with roaring fire, grand piano, beautiful art and sofas galore. The dining room has original murals. You breakfast in the company of the maharaja of Jaipur (well, his portrait), there's a billiards room with fine views, a snug study, too. Big country-house bedrooms have vast beds, smart wallpapers and colourful fabrics. Those at the front get the view, several have fires, excellent bathrooms come with white robes. The estate owns a couple of world-class fishing beats, so come to try your luck; there's shooting in season, clays, too. Food is delicious (local meat, estate eggs) and you can bring your own wine. Staff are lovely. Five estate cottages tempt you to linger. Fabulous walking and the odd castle wait. House parties are welcome.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited Kinnaird Estate?Tell us your thoughts.
- 7 Twin/doubles
- 1 Suite
- 5 Cottages for 8
Children over 12 welcome.
Dunkeld, PH8 0LB, Perth & Kinross