Ffynnon Fendigaid - Bed & Breakfast in Ceredigion
Rhydlewis, Llandysul, SA44 5SR,
Wales, United Kingdom
Arrive through rolling countryside – birdsong and breeze the only sound; within moments you will be sprawled on a leather sofa admiring modern art and wondering how a little bit of Milan arrived here along with Huw and homemade cake. A place to come and pootle, with no rush; you can stay all day to stroll the fern-fringed paths through the acres of wild garden to a lake and a grand bench, or opt for hearty walking. Your bed is big, the colours are soft, the bathrooms are spotless and the food is local – try all the Welsh cheeses. Wide beaches are close by, red kites and buzzards soar above you. Pulchritudinous.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- Close to 5 blue flag beaches including National Trust owned 'Penbryn' all within a few miles, where the famous Cardigan Bay Dolphins may be seen, and if you are reqlly lucky it is possible to see spouting Whales from the spectacular cliffs.
- Short drive to National Trust property 'Llanerchaeron', National Wool Museum, National Library of Wales, several Gardens open to the public including Aberglasny and The national Botanic gardens of wales (both an hours drive away
- The Ceredigion Coastal Path is nearby which gives access to spectacular walking with beautiful coastline from Cliffs to beaches and coves.
- Newcastle Emlyn, now famous for antique browsing is 6 miles away, and Aberaeron, a Regency Coastal Town is north of here and offers many fine restaurants
- Newquay, one time home of Dylan Thomas is just up the road and particularly popular in 2014, during his Centenery Celebrations
- Last year we saw an Otter for the first time, albeit eating our fish from our ponds fed by the 'Ffynnon Fendigaid' (Holy Well)...our own link back to the 12th Century when Pilgrims on the Trail from Strata Florida to St Davids watered their horses here!
Have you visited Ffynnon Fendigaid?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Doubles
Rhydlewis, Llandysul, SA44 5SR, Ceredigion