Hotel le Manoir Saint Michel - Hotel in Côtes-d’Armor
38 rue de la Carquois, 22240 Fréhel,
On a hillside overlooking wide white sands and wild coves is a sturdy stone 'manoir' 400 years old with a long and varied history. Ducks wander the peaceful gardens, there's a small lake stocked with fish, wooden loungers dot the lawns and there are fine sea views from every angle. Inside, fresh flowers pretty up the reception and Monsieur and Madame greet you warmly: your hosts could not be nicer. Bedrooms vary in size and shape, not luxurious but comfortable and cosy, some traditional with floral fabrics and patterned carpets, others more contemporary. Bathrooms are spotless and small. Exposed stone walls add rusticity, antique armoires add character and there are 20 rooms to choose from so let the website guide you. Some are in the converted stables, some have sea views, some are on the ground floor. Take a ferry between St Malo and Dinard, visit the ancient, unspoilt Château de la Hunaudaye, come home to cakes and tea by the great log fire, and walk to dinner (take a torch!). Breakfasts are to die for: homemade croissants, yogurts and jams: Monsieur was once a pâtissier.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited Hotel le Manoir Saint Michel?Tell us your thoughts.
- 9 Doubles
- 2 Twins
- 3 Triples
- 1 Quadruple
- 5 Cottages for 2 - 6
Dogs welcome, €10 per night. Parking available on site.
November to March.
38 rue de la Carquois, 22240 Fréhel, Côtes-d’Armor