Carpe Diem - Bed & Breakfast in Yonne
53 Grande Rue, 89440 Massangis,
In a tranquil Burgundy village lies this handsome old farmhouse. Peek through the gate: all is verdant with vines and the garden is picnic perfect. Eat convivially on a pretty terrace or in a grand dining room with luxurious décor and fireplace. With home-grown veg and local produce (the Charolais beef is as sweet as a nut), dinner is well worth booking. Immaculate bedrooms are romantic in toile de Jouy with pepperings of fine paintings and antiques. Ask for Chambre Diane in the main house with its big bath, or choose the beautiful stables – children will love the secret mezzanine rooms.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from Patrick Cabon:
Local points of interest from
- The medieval village of Noyers is 9km away - it's one of the 100 most beautiful villages in France.
- Visit the basilica of Vézelay (40 mins).
- The house is in the wine region of Chablis.
- Try the Fontenay Abbey (40 mins).
- 10 minutes drive from A6 Autoroute.
- 2 Doubles
- , 1 Twin/double
- , 2 Family rooms for 3
Children over 12 welcome. Minimum 2 night stay in July & August.
53 Grande Rue, 89440 Massangis, Yonne