Château de Bussas - Self-catering apartments in Gard
Languedoc - Roussillon, France
This is heart-of-Cévennes magic, among rocks, rivers and woodland. After a couple of hairpins you meet the old stone walls, archways and inner courtyard of the ancient domaine. Dating back to 1197, it stands in a secret valley surrounded by 200 acres of nature and pure air. Nothing has changed things over the years, other than the clearing of trees for more light and the careful tending of the garden. Children big and small rejoice in the pool, the huge garden, the games room in the old barn, the river for picnics, adventures and cool plunges. Each apartment has a private terrace and the whole place is a dream for family gatherings. Attractive, comfortable rooms are just right: not over-smart or needing kid gloves. There are antique armoires and colourful fabrics, good modern kitchens and open fireplaces. The caretaker grows organic eggs and veg – just ask. The only sounds are bird calls, sheep bells – and yourselves. With such a variety of spaces to explore and those fabulous views on the spot, you may never get round to the other beauties of the Cévennes.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
- 5 Apartments for 2 - 6
Special Offer: Family celebration offer! - Book whole chateau for that special celebration. Reduction of 6% for bookings made before April 2015
30124 L'Estréchure, Gard