Château de Bussas - Self-catering apartments in Gard
Château de Bussas, 30124 L'Estréchure, Gard
Languedoc - Roussillon, France
Heart-of-Cévennes magic among rocks, rivers and woodland. After a couple of hairpins and a river causeway you meet the strong stone walls and arches and the gentle inner courtyard of the ancient domaine. Dating back to 1197, it stands in a secret valley surrounded by 200 acres of nature and pure air. Nothing has changed over the years other than trees being cleared for more light, a bow window being added for more indoor space, and careful gardening. You will rejoice in the pool, the huge garden, the games room in the old barn, the river for picnics, adventures and cool plunges. Each apartment (La Source was beautifully renovated in 2016) has its own terrace and the whole place is a dream for family gatherings. Attractive, comfortable rooms are just right: not over-smart or vulnerable. There are antique armoires and colourful fabrics, good modern kitchens and open fireplaces. The caretaker grows organic eggs and veg – just ask. You will only hear bird calls, sheep bells – and yourselves. With so many spaces to explore and those fabulous views on the spot, you may never get round to the other beauties of the Cévennes.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles