Le Bouchot - Bed & Breakfast in Loir-et-Cher
Route de Chaon, 41300 Pierrefitte sur Sauldre,
Loire Valley, France
Come not for luxury but for deep country authenticity – and to make friends with a generous, charming, free-thinking family who gave up Paris for this lush corner of France. They have restored, renovated and eco-converted a run-down farm, insulated it with hemp, wattle and daub, then added wood-burning stoves, organic breakfasts... and cats, dogs, horses, hens, donkeys. Bedrooms in outbuildings round the courtyard are wood-clad with sloping celings, rudimentary furnishings, mix and match bed linen, the odd rug. Dinner is in the kitchen diner – or the barns when there are campers. A place for new horizons.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
Anne & Jean-Philippe Beau-Douëzy:
- Explore the organic, permaculture garden, home to free-range farm animals and an impressively varied range of wildlife (barn owls, bats, rabbits, buzzards, swallows...)
- Discover the forests and lakes of Sologne.
- Delight in wine from the growing regions of Cher and Sancerrois.
- Visit some of the multitude of beautiful châteaux across the Loire Valley.
- Take gardening lessons.
Have you visited Le Bouchot?Tell us your thoughts.
- 4 Family rooms for 3 - 5
Route de Chaon, 41300 Pierrefitte sur Sauldre, Loir-et-Cher