Maison de Bibby - Bed & Breakfast in Lot
Rue de l'Eglise, 46600 Martel,
Midi - Pyrénées, France
On holiday from New Zealand, Anna fell in love with this 12th-century house and a new life opened up; she sold her art gallery (much of it landed here, most strikingly) and set about renovating. She brings an easygoing generosity to B&B – breakfast is fresh and tasty, with notice you can have supper too. The drop-dead gorgeous house is quirky, too, with deeply comfortable rooms. Up winding narrow stairs, Louis XVI chairs stand on rush-matted boards and heavy curtains hang at ancient windows. There are stunning views of the surrounding countryside and houses; you will surely fall in love with it – and with its wonderful owner.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- Collect from the airport and train station (small charge).
- The markets take place throughout the area on various days. Martel’s market is on Saturdays and Wednesdays and is primarily a produce market with a marvellous array of goods on sale such as frois gras, confit, truffles and walnuts and local wines.
- A day trip to the wine growing areas of Cahors and Bordeaux will appeal to wine enthusiasts. There are many renowned wineries so prepare yourself for a memorable day of wine tasting.
- A short drive from Martel are the stunningly beautiful villages of Collonges-la-Rouge, Turenne, Autoire, Carennac and Loubressac. Close by, Sarlat la Canada has long been recognised as one of the best medieval towns in all of France.
- Just down the road from Sarlat is the beautifully preserved medieval town of Beynac, the village featured in the films Chocolate and Joan of Arc.
- A stone’s throw from Beynac is the chateau of the late American singer and dancer Josephine Baker which is open to the public.
Have you visited Maison de Bibby?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Doubles
Minimum three nights.
Rue de l'Eglise, 46600 Martel, Lot