Saporta - Self-catering apartment in Bouches-du-Rhône
Rue Gaston de Saporta, 13100 Aix en Provence,
Provence - Alps - Riviera, France
A great base for delving into the cultural depths of Aix-en-Provence: step outside to a parade of pedestrians, boulangeries, cafés, florists; the Cathédrale to your right, the Mairie to your left. Up in the spacious second-floor apartment, all is calm. You step straight from stairway to elegant 1930s-style salon: high ceilings, tall south-facing windows over a quiet courtyard, a splash of blue accentuating colours in the mosaic-tiled floor, abstract artwork, a fireplace. Arched dark wood doors lead to a cheery kitchen in red and deep grey. Eat here around a contemporary table, light streaming through a rooftop window. Glass doors conceal the bedroom suite, a zen-like space with its pale colours, king bed, sofa behind a voile divider and tall window catching the morning light. As the owners' pied-à-terre it's fully equipped with all practicalities, including modern gadgets if you really must work. The Roman city's cobbled streets were made for walking so don't even consider a car: within an easy stroll lie vibrant markets, festivals, fountains, gardens, a lively student population, cultural activities galore.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
- 1 Apartment for 2
Rue Gaston de Saporta, 13100 Aix en Provence, Bouches-du-Rhône