La Ferme du Soleil - Chalet in Haute-Savoie
Les Gettiers, 74450 Le Grand Bornand,
Rhône Valley - Alps, France
This hamlet of four old wooden houses (two chalets, two farm buildings) is high up, impossibly pretty, detached from the bustling world, with views to lift spirits and a deep silence in which to contemplate such beauty. Ski-in, ski-out doesn't get much better than this: you are a stroll from the top of a chair lift and a quick slide from the bottom of several, so you can stop skiing when you're ready for a blazing log fire and a bite. Tea and cake will be waiting as you walk in the door, and dinners are convivial and delicious. And how about this: a night time ski randonnée? Set off with Jean-Francois the guide, with skins on your skis, a lamp on your head and breakfast on your back. As you climb to the top of virgin peaks, you can watch the dawn breaking and open the croissants and coffee on the top of the Aiguille Vert. La Ferme du Soleil overlooks the small ski resort of Chinaillon, one of the best preserved villages in the Haute Savoie – the word 'idyll' really does apply. Big, cosy, beautiful, open and convivial – another dream realised.
- Ski domain: Massif des Aravis.
- Kit hire: 500m from chalet.
- Distance to lifts: Ski in-Ski out.
- Getting to the lifts: Ski in-Ski out.
- Getting from the airport: Shuttle bus or taxi from Geneva airport.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- Far from the madding crowds above the clouds but only just over an hour from Geneva.
- Arrive by ski, baggage and stores brought by skidoo...downhill sking for all abilities right from the doorstep.
- Veroni's collection of Alpine coats inspired by the flowers around the chalet and created for life around the chalet are available.
- Doorstep eco skiing; set off with a guide on your skis for le petit dejeuner on top of the mountain.
- Rural dairy farming community with cows with bells; the home of reblochon cheese making.
- Quint essential french market in le Grand Bornand every wednesday with a variety of craft stools, locally made charcuterie and cheeses and alpine clothing.
Have you visited La Ferme du Soleil?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Chalet for 14
Special Offer: Free Icelandic wool coat - perfect for winter! - A free guided tour and Veronis coat (alpine coat made from Icelandic wool) when quoting SAWDAY'S!
Minimum seven nights. See self-catering page for summer prices.
May to early June; Nov to early Dec.
Les Gettiers, 74450 Le Grand Bornand, Haute-Savoie