Sexton’s Lodge - Self-catering house in Co. Offaly
Oxmantown Mall, Birr,
Small is beautiful at Sexton's Lodge – a gorgeous bolthole popular with Dubliners who like to escape in style. It stands on a glorious tree-lined avenue, the smartest road in town, with Birr's quirky theatre 50 paces from the front door. Not that you will necessarily get that far – this is a gorgeous house and you may choose to hole up for a day or two. Inside, find a fabulous kitchen/diner – the hub of the house – all sparkling granite and fancy appliances. Double doors lead through to a lovely sitting room, where you can lounge about on enormous sofas in front of the fire; doors open onto a pretty walled garden in summer, a perfect spot for breakfast or a sundowner. Upstairs, three bedrooms are just the ticket: warm and cosy, neutral colours, comfy beds, crisp white linen. One is big with a vast bed and its own power shower; the other two (one good for children) are smaller, but equally well designed; they share a good bathroom. Pull yourself away to discover the local country; the river Shannon, the Slieve Bloom mountains and the unmissable monastery at Clonmacnoise are all close. A great escape.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from
- Located in the centre of Ireland. A great base for people wanting to tour Ireland.
Have you visited Sexton’s Lodge?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 House for 6
Oxmantown Mall, Birr, Co. Offaly