The Heron's Cove - Hotel in Co. Cork
The Harbour, Goleen,
This is a spectacular part of Ireland with its deep inlets, steepling cliffs, scintillating or thundering seas; roads dip, twist, clamber round the hills, then peter out or land you at a beach or village – an explorer's heaven. Sue has been part of the village for 45 years, launched and manages the Mizen Head Signal Station Visitor Centre (don't miss it), and knows all the lore – just ask. Sitting on its own bay, this restaurant with rooms has comfortable, cosy bedrooms, one with a steeply sloping ceiling and a window that opens to the stars. Most have limpid bay views, and sliding glass doors to balconies with wide-armed wooden chairs. Bathrooms are simple (you might hear the bio-cycle hum), but the real heart of the house is the airy restaurant with a fire at each end, wicker chairs and a Slow Food ethos: that organic search for local, seasonal goodness that requires taking proper time to prepare, to cook – and to consume. A warm-hearted, no-nonsense woman, backed by wonderful staff, Sue loves her guests and locals flock for the food. The constant tide brings glorious wildlife, birdsong and... herons.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited The Heron's Cove?Tell us your thoughts.
- 3 Doubles
- 1 Twin
- 1 Family room for 4
Christmas & New Year.
The Harbour, Goleen, Co. Cork