Brook Lane Hotel - Hotel in Co. Kerry
Brook Lane still shines in its olive green wrapper, set back from the road and proclaiming itself (on a pink sign) Kenmare's 'first luxury hotel'. While the furnishings are new, the welcome is traditionally Irish, instantly putting you at ease. The staff make this place, and guests return for good banter and good food in the modern bistro, or the more upmarket dining room. Wherever you eat, it will be local or organic, matched by eco-friendly wines and occasionally served to a background of piano or viola tunes. Breakfast is wonderfully laid-back (you can wander down at 11 o'clock and listen to Irish radio as you eat) and delicious; porridge with whiskey, the full Irish, fresh fish every morning. Elsewhere, rooms are modern and sumptuous, with funky art, dark fabrics and duck down pillows. There's a library stacked with books, lounges with statement wallpaper and open fires, chandeliers, mirrored lamps and beautifully hand-crafted furniture. This is a bold new place, run by a down-to-earth young couple and their lovely team; they'll even dry your clothes on your return from the Ring of Kerry's finest walks.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited Brook Lane Hotel?Tell us your thoughts.
- 19 Doubles
- 1 Suite for 2
Christmas Eve, Christmas Day & Boxing Day.
Kenmare, Co. Kerry