Glasha - Bed & Breakfast in Co. Waterford
Kindness itself, Olive is formidably houseproud, her hall slathered in framed awards testifying that she gives herself 110% to her guests. Breakfast is the greatest demonstration of her mastery: just try homemade rhubarb and strawberry compote with home-baked courgette and walnut bread for a taster – there's masses more in the basket. It's a feast served on the renowned Stephen Pearce crockery. Her colour mixes are joyous and bright – regal red, cranberry cream, blue, mustard, burgundy and buttercup – and her fanciful spirit is personified in the quirky statues and water features that decorate the garden: it gurgles and bubbles at every turn. Olive's standards shine forth inside, too: the sitting room is so luxurious in its cream sofas and gold candelabras that you feel bound to be on your best behaviour. No dust from the log fires: they're electric! The all-seasons conservatory is a lovely room, more appealing for that breakfast experience than the rather dark dining room. Colourful welcoming bedrooms, comfortable bathrooms and superb walks into those beckoning mountains.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
- 2 Doubles
- , 4 Twins
- , 2 Triples
Ballymacarbry, Clonmel, Co. Waterford