La Sosta di Ottone III - Hotel in Italy
Loc. Chiesanuova 39, 19015 Levanto,
Legend has it that Otto III stayed here on his way to his coronation in Rome in 996, creating La Sosta, a 'stopover' of some magnificence. Now a listed building, the house's unadorned stone façade stands proudly over the hamlet of Chiesanuova, scanning a vista from all rooms of olive groves, village and vineyard-clad hills, before dropping down to Levanto and the sea. The terrace is a superb breakfast and dinner setting, perfect too at sunset with a glass of chilled vermentino. At night, the glow from a host of illuminated bell towers is enchanting. Angela has taken great care to gather the best local slate, marble and wood in the renovation of dining and sitting rooms. Bedrooms, named after Otto and his family members, come in an elegant range of neutrals and corals. There are parquet floors, antique pieces, indoor shutters and iron beds graced by fine bedspreads... take time to pamper yourself in stylish marble and slate bathrooms. Aficionados of all things Ligurian, Angela and Fabio can be depended on for local information, the freshest ingredients and one of the best wine cellars around. Superb.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from Fabio Graziani:
Local points of interest from
- TASTE the exquisite cuisine of the new chef and sommelier whose approach will combine tradition with innovation. We also offer a strong selection of Ligurian wines on our carefully drawn up wine list. In a nutshell: a food & wine experience.
- WALK: to Cinque Terre directly from La Sosta by exploring the higher, off the beaten track footpaths which offer spectacular views. Head the opposite direction from the Cinque Terre and discover the Mediterranean landscape between Levanto & Bonassola.
- SWIM: a 5-minute drive to either Monterosso or Levanto beaches. Rent a deck chair and umbrella at
- BIKE &SWIM: rent a bike and ride through the rennovated ex railway tunnel to reach rocky coves for off the rocks swimming in crystal blue waters.
- HISTORY & CULTURE: Pisa, Parma, Lucca, Florence and Genova are all one hour and a half away by car.
- PAUSE & RELAX: at La Sosta, with a good book, good wine and good food.
- 1 Double
- , 1 Suite for 4
- , 2 Family rooms for 4
Extra bed/sofabed available €40 per person per night.
Minimum stay 2 nights.
Beginning October-end April.
Loc. Chiesanuova 39, 19015 Levanto, La Spezia