Ursino Roof Garden - Self-catering apartments in Catania
Castello Ursino 69, 95121 Catania,
An amazing position, strolling distance from the Duomo, the Greek and Roman amphitheatres, the Benedictine monastery, and the spa of Achilles. Visit the ancient fish market for buckets full of snails and clams, eels, tuna, squid and swordfish from Favignana… then bring back your spoils to the barbecue and the kitchen (it's a wow!). Ursino Roof Garden, spread across the second and top floors of a 19th-century townhouse, is a bright, uplifting, modern two-bedroom, two-bathroom apartment with a central terrace garden and a brilliant castle view. Even larger is Flat 12 (as yet unseen by us) with three bedrooms and a winter garden for home cinema and surround sound; imagine watching movies beneath a star-studded sky. Two bedrooms have balconies facing the ancient Castello Ursino and the décor is the finest of contemporary thanks to architect owner Massimiliano who lives nearby and couldn't be nicer. Chefs, take a night off and go where the locals go, Bar Savia in Via Etnea, for some of the best arancini (ragu-stuffed rice balls) and cannoli (local pastries) in all Sicily.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Have you visited Ursino Roof Garden?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Apartments for 4 - 6
Extra bed/sofabed available from €150 to €250 per person per night.
Minimum stay: 3 nights on weekdays. 3 nights at weekends. 3 nights in high season. Children over 2 welcome. Short breaks available. Pets by arrangement.
Castello Ursino 69, 95121 Catania, Catania