Villa Anna Maria - Bed & Breakfast in Italy
SS dell'Abetone 146, 56010 Molina di Quosa,
The wrought-iron gates swing open to reveal a strange and atmospheric haven. You feel protected here from the outside world, miles from the heat and bustle of Pisa. It is an intriguing place. Secret rooms lurk behind locked doors; some bedrooms seem untouched since the 17th century. They are all different, themed and with high ceilings, the most curious being the Persian and the Egyptian. The entrance hall is decked in marble, graced with columns and chandeliers; the library – a touch over the top for some – is nevertheless in tune with the rest, and in tune, it must be said, with its eccentric owner. Claudio and his wife collect anything and everything and rooms are crammed with curios and collectibles. Yes, it's shambolic – but your host cares more about people than about money and there are no rules, so treat it as your home. There's a game room with billiards and videos (3,000 of them), table tennis, a garden with tall palms and woodland paths, a pool with piped music issuing from clumps of bamboo, a barbecue area for those who choose to self-cater, and a romping dog.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from Claudio Zeppi:
Local points of interest from
- Royal Thermal Baths Spa in San Giuliano Terme (2 km), horse riding , paragliding, tennis court ( 2km), golf (10 km). At the Villa Cooking course , Languages course , Bakery course , gardening course.In the village many shops with biologic tuscany food
- Two historical tuscany towns Lucca and Pisa (7 km),. Livorno and its beaches (15 km), Volterra, San Gimignano e Siena a 90 km, Firenze 70 km, The Five Lands (Cinque terre) 60 km. The white marble caves of Carrara and the artist studios (Botero.)25 km
- The Natural Park of San Rossore (6 km) and the Calci Monastery (4km) . The islands of Giannutri , Giglio, Elba, Montecristo, Capraia, Gorgona .From Livorno the boats for Sardinia island..The hills of Garfagnana (20 km)The 17th cen. Historical Villas
- Torre del Lago Puccini , the Massacciuccoli Lake and Puccini Opera Festival (10 km), The Lucca Summer Festival, The Pisa San Ranieri Festival (7km)The San Ranieri Festival in Pisa .Antique Markets in Pisa and Lucca weekly The Lucca Comics festival
- The free natural beach of Marina di Vecchiano (10 km) and TirreniaThe nightlife , the brand outlets and the beaches of Viareggio , Versilia , Forte dei Marmi, 25 kmThe Montecatini Casinò 25 km The Collodi Park ( place of birth of Pinocchio) 40 km
- The Villa ha one of the most important botanical garden and park of the area with plants 200-300-years old and collections of old roses, peonies , jasmim, bananas, , camelias, gardenias , magnolias, mimosa , palms, clematis, passiflora, hortensia , etc.