Podere Salicotto - Bed & Breakfast in Siena
Podere Salicotto 73, 53022 Buonconvento,
Watch sunsets fire the Tuscan hills; catch the sunrise as it brings the valleys alive. Views from this hilltop farmhouse roll off in every direction. It is peaceful here, and beautiful. Breakfast is a delicious feast that merges into lunch, with produce from the organic farm, and Silvia and Paolo, a well-travelled, warm and adventurous couple, are happy for you to be as active or as idle as you like. Eat in the big farmhouse kitchen or under the pergola, as deer wander across the field below. Paolo is full of ideas and will take you sailing in his six-berth boat that has crossed the Atlantic – or organise wine-tasting and cycling trips. The beamed and terracotta tiled bedrooms are airy and welcoming, full of soft, Tuscan colours and furnished with simplicity but care: antiques, monogrammed sheets, great showers. B&B guests are in the main house (private entrance) while the studio is in the converted barn. Visit Siena, medieval Buonconvento, Tuscan hill towns. Come back and laze around the pool with a glass of wine and a fabulous view.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- Conveniently located for splendid day trips .to: Montalcino, Pienza, Montepulciano, the Abbeys of Monte Oliveto Maggiore and Sant'Antimo, Siena, Monteriggioni, San Gimignano and Volterra, the Chianti area, the Etruscan part of Tuscany with Pitigliano
- Main events in Buonconvento and nearbyAntiques: 18-21 April Regional exhibition of Antiques in Buonconvento, Collector's corner in Siena every 3rd Sunday of the month, Fairs of Antiques in Arezzo 1st weekend of every month.
- Markets. Buonconvento on Saturdays , in Siena on Wendesdays in the morning.
- Festivals: Palio in Siena on 2nd July and 16th August, Medieval Festival in Monteriggioni 4-6 July and 11-13 July, Val d'Arbia Festival in Buonconvento 20-28 September, Cockerel festival in Camigliano 4-5 october
- Jazz Music: Jazz & WIne in Montalcino 11-22 July, Siena Jazz 24 July-7 August, Umbri Jazz 11-20 July.Classic music: Festival of the Academy of the Clay Hills in Ascaino 27 July-1 August, Piccola Accademia in Montisi & Accademia Chigiana in Siena July Aug
- Sports Event: 100 Miles classic Car Race Buonconvento 17 May, Bikers Eroica Sud 3-4 May + 4-5 October, Gran Fondo del Brunello 12 October
Have you visited Podere Salicotto?Tell us your thoughts.
- 7 Doubles
Minimum stay: 3 nights. Children over 11 welcome.
1 January - 29 April, 12 October - 31 December.
Podere Salicotto 73, 53022 Buonconvento, Siena