La Molinella - Self-catering house in Perugia
Voc. La Molinella, 06010 San Leo Bastia,
Eat, sleep and dream in the little old watermill in the Umbrian hills – an enchanting bolthole for two. Though you can reach Perugia in under an hour it is fairly remote; but the hiking and riding are easy. Potted lavender, herbs and tidy vines are plentiful, and apple trees and a few olives up by the cool circular pool (all yours, with views)... the 'shabby chic' of the interior repeats itself outside so you barely notice where the gardens end and nature begins. Loveliest of all is the dappled veranda complete with daybed for outdoor R&R. Back inside, ceilings are low, floors are old wood or terracotta, beams are rustic, pale blue paintwork is deliberately worn, and the kitchen, with its antique marble-topped table and old-fashioned pellet stove in one corner, will make you giddy with delight. (It also has loads of workspace and a modern oven.) Owner Annie is here when guests arrive, lives nearby should you need her, and moves back in in winter! At the top is the snug bedroom with romantic bed and sweet white linen, below is a sitting room with deep sofa and open fire. Honeymoon heaven.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited La Molinella?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 House for 2
Voc. La Molinella, 06010 San Leo Bastia, Perugia