Locanda del Gallo - Hotel in Italy
Loc. Santa Cristina, 06020 Gubbio,
A restful, almost spiritual calm emanates from this wonderful home. In a medieval hamlet, the locanda has all the beams and antique tiles you could wish for. Light, airy rooms with pale limewashed walls are a perfect foil for the exquisite reclaimed doors and carved hardwood furniture from Bali and Indonesia; your charming hosts have picked up some fabulous pieces from far-off places and have given the house a colonial feel. Each bedroom is different, one almond with Italian country furniture, another white, with wicker and Provençal prints; some have carved four-poster beds. Bathrooms are gorgeous, with deep baths and walk-in, glass-doored showers. A stunning veranda wraps itself around the house: doze off in a wicker armchair, sip a drink at dusk as the sun melts into the valley. The pool is spectacular, like a mirage clinging to the side of the hill; and there's a huge lime tree. Paola and Erich are interesting, cultural and warm.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from Paola Moro & Erich Breuer:
Local points of interest from
Paola Moro & Erich Breuer:
- A Moorish style spa, let your tensions slip away in the Turkish bath and then immerse yourself in the outdoor heated Jacuzzi spa.
- Umbria is a paradise for nature lovers. We will be delighted to point out the many quiet paths and by-ways waiting to be explored in the valley surrounding the Locanda del Gallo. For those wishing to explore further we have a selection of mountain bikes.
- Our qualified masseuse offers a choice of massages from relaxing to invigorating. An appointment can be booked for you.
- We can book tennis courts 10 minutes away by car and a round on a championship golf course 30 minutes away.
- A pleasant ten minute walk takes you to Renza’s hand weaving workshop. Here you can learn the art of hand looming and dyeing fabric with vegetable dyes. Renza organises courses from a half day to a full week.
- Gubbio, Perugia, Assisi, Todi, Orvieto, Spoleto. All Umbria’s medievial towns are filled with history and treasures. Ancient streets and alleyways are flanked with palaces and elegant houses, delightful shops and boutiques.
- 9 Doubles
Minimum stay: 2 nights in high season. Pets by arrangement.
Loc. Santa Cristina, 06020 Gubbio, Perugia