Locanda del Gallo - Bed & Breakfast in Perugia
Loc. Santa Cristina, 06020 Gubbio,
A restful, almost spiritual calm emanates from this wonderful home. In a medieval hamlet, the locanda has all the beams and antique tiles you could wish for. Light, airy rooms with pale limewashed walls are a perfect foil for the exquisite reclaimed doors and carved hardwood furniture from Bali and Indonesia; your charming hosts have picked up some fabulous pieces from far-off places and have given the house a colonial feel. Each bedroom is different, one almond with Italian country furniture, another white, with wicker and Provençal prints; some have carved four-poster beds. Bathrooms are gorgeous, with deep baths and walk-in, glass-doored showers. A stunning veranda wraps itself around the house: doze off in a wicker armchair, sip a drink at dusk as the sun melts into the valley. The pool is spectacular, like a mirage clinging to the side of the hill; and there's a huge lime tree. Jimmy the cook conjures up food rich in genuine flavours, with aromatic herbs and vegetables from the garden; he and his wife are part of the extended family. Paola and Erich are interesting, cultural and warm.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
Paola Moro & Erich Breuer:
- A Moorish style spa, let your tensions slip away in the Turkish bath and then immerse yourself in the outdoor heated Jacuzzi spa.
- Umbria is a paradise for nature lovers. We will be delighted to point out the many quiet paths and by-ways waiting to be explored in the valley surrounding the Locanda del Gallo. For those wishing to explore further we have a selection of mountain bikes.
- Our qualified masseuse offers a choice of massages from relaxing to invigorating. An appointment can be booked for you.
- We can book tennis courts 10 minutes away by car and a round on a championship golf course 30 minutes away.
- A pleasant ten minute walk takes you to Renza’s hand weaving workshop. Here you can learn the art of hand looming and dyeing fabric with vegetable dyes. Renza organises courses from a half day to a full week.
- Gubbio, Perugia, Assisi, Todi, Orvieto, Spoleto. All Umbria’s medievial towns are filled with history and treasures. Ancient streets and alleyways are flanked with palaces and elegant houses, delightful shops and boutiques.
Have you visited Locanda del Gallo?Tell us your thoughts.
- 9 Doubles
Minimum stay: 2 nights in high season. Pets by arrangement.
Loc. Santa Cristina, 06020 Gubbio, Perugia