Villa Pian di Cascina - Self-catering apartments in Perugia
An amazing surprise at the top of the hill: an old farmhouse in acres of land with heavenly views and broom on the breeze. Isabel and Paul are hugely family-friendly but don't ignore the grown ups! As well as all you could possibly need for children there's an adult chill out zone with a hammock, massage and beauty treatments, gorgeous Italian food if you don't want to bother with cooking. Three self-catering houses stand in a row, each with a barbecue terrace: two-storey Cascina, characterful Villetta and cosy little Cantina. The barn, Granaio, has been converted into four ground-floor apartments, and interiors are fresh and immaculate. Find sofas, armchairs, log-burning stoves, excellent kitchens and wrought-iron beds, tiled floors, rustic walls, the odd beam. Read a book, listen to music, cool off in the pool, play ping pong or volley ball...it's family heaven. Wander the organic gardens planted with cherries, apricots and almonds; continue to open countryside and woods. Take the old unsignposted mountain road to Assisi for stunning views, drop in on Bevagna's gorgeous churches on the way. Magic in Umbria.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from
Paul & Isabel Farber:
- We are immersed in the beautiful Umbrian countryside. Expect lizards & gekos, deer, wild boar, porcupines & birds galore- over 40 species of butterfly, wild orchids, cherries mushrooms & truffles. A perfect location for walking, cycling and hang gliding
- We offer a daily bread delivery service - order the night before for delicious fresh baked croissants and bread. Also, pick your own organic raspberries & figs (in season)
- We offer tutored cooking lessons at the villa. Handmade pasta, the perfect risotto, melt in the mouth bruschetta - whatever suit your tastes and interests. Lessons are in English & or Italian – so language isn’t a problem...
- Ideal for sightseeing - just a short hop, skip and a jump to Assisi, Gubbio, Perugia, Lake Trasimeno, Deruta & Spello. Or fancy a day trip by train to Rome, Florence or Siena - the Rome mainline station is just 20 minutes from the villa!
- Local shops, bars & village within walking distance. Sagra's (local festivals with food and live entertainment every night of the week) within walking distance last week of July, first 2 weeks of August. Forage for mushrooms & truffles - Spring & Autumn
- The icing on the cake...Enjoy delicious handmade Italian cuisine in the Tavernetta - open exclusively to guests of the villa - handmade pasta, moorish meat, vegetarian heaven & delicious desserts - made from local and home grown ingredients from our orto.
Have you visited Villa Pian di Cascina?Tell us your thoughts.
- 7 Apartments for 2 - 8
Minimum stay: 7 nights in high season. Pets by arrangement.
06024 Gubbio, Perugia