The Jolly Cricketers
24 Chalfont Road, Seer Green, Beaconsfield, HP9 2YG,
England, United Kingdom
When the Jolly Cricketers came on the market, Seer Green residents Chris and Amanda couldn't resist. Now pretty plants clamber up the brickwork outside, while behind the bar, optics have been replaced by sweet shop jars filled with roasted nuts, olives and lollipops – a picture of individuality matched by a freehouse ale selection that shows off the best of local breweries. Ornate fireplaces, oddment-cluttered shelves and pine tables create an unpretentious backdrop for cider-braised ham, crispy poached egg, pineapple chutney and triple-cooked chips; or succulent beef rump, tongue and cheek with potato purée. Coffee mornings, book clubs and pub quizzes contribute to a community spirit but do nothing to dilute this pub's new-found dining status.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Children welcome
- Children of all ages welcome in some public rooms (highchairs not necessarily available).
- Wireless internet access available in the bar.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Public transport
- Within 2 miles of a bus/train station.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
Have you visited The Jolly Cricketers?Tell us your thoughts.
Lunch from £6.50. Bar meals from £10.50. Dinner from £12.50.
Open all day.
24 Chalfont Road, Seer Green, Beaconsfield, HP9 2YG, Buckinghamshire