The Black Bull Inn - Pub in Cambridgeshire
27 High Street
Balsham, CB21 4DJ Cambridge
England, United Kingdom
Buoyed by the success of the Red Lion at Hinxton, Alex has worked his magic on the 16th-century Black Bull in nearby Balsham. The pretty thatched pub has a beamed and timbered bar, new bar servery, gleaming wooden floors and a smart mix of old dining tables and leather sofas fronting the log fire – a lovely spot to curl up with a pint of Rusty Bucket on a winter evening. The ancient, high-raftered and adjoining barn is the place to sit and savour some cracking pub food; try the lamb shank with roasted garlic mash and rosemary jus, or the smoked haddock with tarragon foam. In the bar, tuck into roast beef and horseradish sandwiches or a plate of Suffolk ham, eggs and hand-cut chips. A peaceful pub stop with a sun-trap back garden, handy for the A11/M11, Cambridge, country walks and the Newmarket Races.
- Wheelchair access
- Wheelchair access to some public rooms and to wc's.
- Children welcome
- Children of all ages welcome in some public rooms (highchairs not necessarily available).
- Wireless internet access available in the bar.
- Vegetarian meals
- Good vegetarian options on the menu.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
Lunch & dinner from £12. Bar meals from £6. Sunday lunch £13.
27 High Street Balsham, CB21 4DJ Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
The Black Bull Inn is also a Special Place to Stay
- 5 Twin/doubles
Price from £115
Other pubs from this owner
Other places to stay from this owner
Places to Stay Nearby