The Black Bull Inn - Pub in Cambridgeshire
27 High Street, Balsham, Cambridge, CB21 4DJ,
England, United Kingdom
Buoyed by the success of the Red Lion at Hinxton, Alex has worked his magic on the 16th-century Black Bull in nearby Balsham. The pretty thatched pub has a beamed and timbered bar, new bar servery, gleaming wooden floors and a smart mix of old dining tables and leather sofas fronting the log fire – a lovely spot to curl up with a pint of Rusty Bucket on a winter evening. The ancient, high-raftered and adjoining barn is the place to sit and savour some cracking pub food; try the lamb shank with roasted garlic mash and rosemary jus, or the smoked haddock with tarragon foam. In the bar, tuck into roast beef and horseradish sandwiches or a plate of Suffolk ham with eggs and hand-cut chips. A peaceful pub stop, handy for the A11/M11, Cambridge and the Newmarket Races.
- Wheelchair access
- Wheelchair access to some public rooms and to wc's.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Children welcome
- Children of all ages welcome in some public rooms (highchairs not necessarily available).
- Wireless internet access available in the bar.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Vegetarian meals
- Good vegetarian options on the menu.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
Have you visited The Black Bull Inn?Tell us your thoughts.
Lunch & dinner from £12. Bar meals from £6. Sunday lunch £13.
27 High Street, Balsham, Cambridge, CB21 4DJ, Cambridgeshire
The Black Bull Inn is also a Special Place to Stay
- 5 Twin/doubles
Price from £99