The Derby Arms - Pub in Cumbria
Witherslack, Grange-over-Sands, LA11 6RN,
England, United Kingdom
Step into a welcoming series of candlelit rooms with rug-strewn floors, cream and red walls, polished period furniture, old stone fireplaces, some rather grand paintings and dogs and booted walkers. The central bar heaves with hand pumps dispensing Cumbrian microbrewery ales (including Dent Aviator), hand-pressed juices from Witherslack, and many wines by the glass. Bag a seat by the fire and settle in for supper; the changing menu announces a crowd-pleasing selection of pub dishes, much prepared from fresh local produce. Start with roasted tomato and goat's cheese tart, follow with Galloway beef and ale pie, with chips and in-season vegetables, or whole-tail battered scampi, it's super civilised yet nicely laid-back.
- Wheelchair access
- Wheelchair access to some public rooms and to wc's.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Children welcome
- Children of all ages welcome in some public rooms (highchairs not necessarily available).
- Wireless internet access available in the bar.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Public transport
- Within 2 miles of a bus/train station.
- Vegetarian meals
- Good vegetarian options on the menu.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
The Derby Arms is also a Special Place to Eat & Drink
Lunch & dinner £8.95-£15.25.
3pm-5.30pm. Open all day Fri-Sun.
Witherslack, Grange-over-Sands, LA11 6RN, Cumbria
The Derby Arms is also a Special Place to Stay
- 6 Doubles
Price from £65
Places to Stay Nearby