The King's Arms
The Street, Didmarton, Badminton, GL9 1DT,
England, United Kingdom
Next to the main road in Didmarton, close to Tetbury and the Badminton Estate, is this recently refurbished inn – a perfect place in the Cotswolds. Expect beams and stone-flagged floors, inviting dark green walls adorned with antlers, fat candles on dining tables, lovely painted settles, and photos showcasing local history. There's a big old fireplace for winter, darts and dominoes in the locals bar, a walled garden for summer and a boules pitch that people travel some way for. Blackboard menus on the walls are chalked up daily. Pop in for a rare roast beef sandwich or a cured meat board with bread and pickles, a delicious homemade burger, or bream grilled with herbs, chorizo and fennel – you won't go home disappointed. Wash down with a fine wine or a local tipple – Bath Gem, Uley Bitter, perhaps one of their guest beers.
- Wheelchair access
- Wheelchair access to some public rooms and to wc's.
- Children welcome
- Children of all ages welcome in some public rooms (highchairs not necessarily available).
- Wireless internet access available in the bar.
- Vegetarian meals
- Good vegetarian options on the menu.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
Local points of interest from
- One of the most beautiful Cotswolds towns and just moments from The King’s Arms, the thriving market town of Tedbury is a treasure trove of antique shops and stunning Georgian architecture.
- The country home of HRH The Prince of Wales, Highgrove House is a stunning estate just south of Tetbury and features incredible private gardens accessible in the Summer as well as Duchy Home Farm, producers of Prince Charles’ range of organic food products
- Home to an internationally renowned collection of trees and shrubs, the nearby Westonbirt Arboretum is 600 acres of stunning Victorian landscapes and perfect for a woodland stroll any time of the year.
- Only 20 minutes away is the Castle Combe Circuit, one of the longest established motor racing circuits in the UK and recognised as providing the closest circuit racing in British motorsport.
- The fabulous Berkley Castle lies nearby where guests can enjoy touring the estate and visit the tropical butterfly house.
Have you visited The King's Arms?Tell us your thoughts.
Lunch from £9.50. Bar meals from £5. Dinner from £10.95. Sunday lunch, 2 courses, £17.
Open all day.
The Street, Didmarton, Badminton, GL9 1DT, Gloucestershire
The King’s Arms is also a Special Place to Stay
- 4 Doubles
- 1 Twin/double
- And more...
Price from £55