Yew Tree Inn - Pub in Gloucestershire
Clifford Mesne, Newent, GL18 1JS,
England, United Kingdom
Stride the grasslands and pine forests of May Hill before heading to this centuries-old cider press with a 'modern' façade. The cosy bar, all stone and beer mat-festooned beams, has local ales, cider from Three Choirs and a wine list that they source themselves from little-known vineyards. There is also a wine shop in a new room at the back, so buy a bottle or take a case. The small dining area is elegant yet informal with padded wooden chairs and a carved stone fireplace, while menus are seasonal and local... try steamed mussels in saffron and cider, follow with roast guinea fowl breast and confit thigh, braised cabbage and quince jus. The smart terrace has views that broaden away over trees and a very child-friendly play area just below. Charming and unpretentious.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Children welcome
- Children of all ages welcome in some public rooms (highchairs not necessarily available).
- Wireless internet access available in the bar.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Vegetarian meals
- Good vegetarian options on the menu.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
Have you visited Yew Tree Inn?Tell us your thoughts.
Lunch from £8. Bar meals from £12. Dinner, 2-3 courses, £18-£23. Sunday lunch, 2-3 courses, £14-£17.
Sun eves, Mon & Tues lunch.
Clifford Mesne, Newent, GL18 1JS, Gloucestershire