The Kilpeck Inn - Pub in Herefordshire
Kilpeck, HR2 9DN Hereford
England, United Kingdom
Kilpeck – known for its Norman church – has a second string to its bow: a super little country inn with a facelift. It stands on the edge of the village overlooking beautiful fields, ten miles south of Hereford. Outside, smart white walls sparkle in the sun. Inside: old stone, slate floors and a warm contemporary feel. Find darts in the locals' bar, alongside the daily papers and a smouldering fire, and original beams, candle lanterns and painted panelling in the airy restaurant. Dig into the sort of food you'd hope to find in a country inn: River Exe mussels in a cider and sage cream sauce with hand cut chips; shepherd's pie, green beans, redcurrant and red wine jus. It's as local as possible and seriously green, what with low food miles, hi-spec insulation and a rainwater tank. Walkers rejoice: the Black Mountains and Offa's Dyke are close.
- Wheelchair access
- Wheelchair access to some public rooms and to wc's.
- Children welcome
- Children of all ages welcome in some public rooms (highchairs not necessarily available).
- Wireless internet access available in the bar.
- Vegetarian meals
- Good vegetarian options on the menu.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
Local points of interest from Ross Williams:
Local points of interest from
- We can provide maps for local walks in the area so you can work up an appetite and come back and sit by the fire.
- All our bedrooms have views over the surrounding countryside so you can wake up to stunning scenery.
- One of our busiest times of year is when the Hay Festival takes place at the end of May - be sure to book early!
Lunch & bar meals from £5.95. Dinner £9.95-£17.95. Sunday lunch, 3 courses, £15.95. Not Sun eves.
Kilpeck, HR2 9DN Hereford, Herefordshire
Places to Stay Nearby