The Pilot Boat Inn
Station Road, Bembridge, PO35 5NN,
Isle of Wight
England, United Kingdom
This amphibious-looking Bembridge Harbour landmark is ship-shape in more ways than one. Behind the nautical portholes and narrow Mackintosh windows of its Art Deco ship, award-winning landlord George has assembled friendly staff, good booze and generous plates of simple, fresh and often fishy pub cuisine. Snatch sea views from the side garden, savouring a speciality crab sandwich. Whether a dog walker, child-festooned parent or beachcomber with sand-tingled toes, warm welcomes await. Bar décor is eclectic, occasionally opulent. Floors and furnishings are dark wood, red walls frame vintage prints. Sofa seating is kitsch and comfy, board games beckon, bright fish somersault in tanks. Try an Island Brewery Yachtsman Ale, something from the wine list (decent mid-range options) or a draft Stowford Press, Grolsch or Guinness.
- Wheelchair access
- Wheelchair access to some public rooms and to wc's.
- Children welcome
- Children of all ages welcome in some public rooms (highchairs not necessarily available).
- Wireless internet access available in the bar.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Vegetarian meals
- Good vegetarian options on the menu.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
Have you visited The Pilot Boat Inn?Tell us your thoughts.
Lunch & dinner £8-£20.
Station Road, Bembridge, PO35 5NN, Isle of Wight
The Pilot Boat Inn is also a Special Place to Stay
- 3 Doubles
- 2 Twin/doubles
Price from £90